When you need assistance troubleshooting an appliance, you can log in to the appliance as a superuser, download the support bundle of the appliance, and then send it to Infoblox Technical Support for analysis. A support bundle is a tar.gz file that contains configuration files and the appliance system files. You can download a support bundle for each member in the Master Grid. When you download a support bundle for an HA pair, it includes the files of both nodes in the HA pair.
By default, the appliance includes the following files in the support bundle: core files, current logs, and rotated logs. Because core files can be quite large and take a significant amount of time to download, Infoblox recommends that you include core files in the support bundle only when requested by Infoblox Technical Support.
To download a support bundle:
- From the Master Grid tab, select the Members tab -> member check box, and then click Download -> Support Bundle from the Toolbar.
- In the Download Support Bundle dialog box, select the files you want to include in the support bundle, and then click OK:
- Core Files: Infoblox recommends that you include these files only when requested by Infoblox Technical Support.
- Current Logs: Infoblox recommends that you always include these files in the support bundle.
- Rotated Logs: These are rotated logs that contain historical information.
- Navigate to the location you want to save the file and change the file name. Do not change the .tar.gz file extension in the file name.
- Send this file to Infoblox Technical Support.
This page has no comments.