You can deploy an on-prem host directly on ESXi as an OVF Template.
Deploying OVA via VMware 6.5.0
To deploy OVA via VMware 6.5.0, complete the following:
- Connect to VMware vSphere Client 6.5.0.
- Select the OVA image downloaded from the Cloud Services Portal. Click Next.
- Verify the OVF Template Details. Click Next.
- Specify the Name and Location for the deployment image. Click Next.
- Select the Resource Pool. Click Next.
- Select the Storage where the virtual machine is stored. Click Next.
- Select the Disk Format. Click Next.
- Configure the Network Mapping. Click Next.
- Customize the image for this deployment in Properties. Click Next.
- Verify the configuration in the Ready to Complete screen. Check the Power on after deployment box to launch the virtual machine.
- Click Finish.
- Note the IP address shown on the VM Console.
- Launch the bootstrap UI using the IP address shown in the console and with Login = admin and Password = the last 8 characters of the Product serial number.
- Specify the IP, Join Token, and other required configuration, and then click Apply, as shown below:
- The on-prem host is also visible on the Cloud Services Portal, as shown below:
You can perform the preceding steps directly on the virtual machine without connecting to the virtual machine with the VMware vSphere Client.
This page has no comments.