BloxOne Endpoint is assigned by default to the All BloxOne Endpoints (Default) group. Assignment of the new endpoint occurs at the time of its installation. The assignment to the default endpoint group can be overridden and customized at the time a new endpoint is installed by assigning the new endpoint to a newly created, custom endpoint group. The custom endpoint group to which the endpoint is to be assigned must already have been created in the Cloud Services Portal prior to the installation of the new endpoint.
For additional information on BloxOne Endpoint, see the following:
- Downloading BloxOne Endpoint
- Installing BloxOne Endpoint
- Creating BloxOne Endpoint Groups
- Configuring BloxOne Endpoint
Custom assignment of a newly installed BloxOne Endpoint to a custom endpoint group will not work in the following scenarios:
Scenario 1: BloxOne Group assignment of BloxOne Endpoint previously having a clientID associated with it. If this is the case, then the endpoint will not be added to the custom endpoint group. In this scenario, the endpoint defaults back to the default endpoint group, All BloxOne Endpoints (Default).
Scenario 2: The installation of a different BloxOne Endpoint is assigned to an endpoint group, where another endpoint is already associated with the custom endpoint group. If this is the case, then then the previous endpoint will continue to be associated with the custom endpoint group, and the new endpoint you are currently attempting to associate with the custom endpoint group will be associated with the default endpoint group, instead. In this scenario the client ID remains with the original endpoint and cannot be reassigned or transferred to the new endpoint.
Adding a New BloxOne Endpoint to a Custom Endpoint Group
To add a new BloxOne Endpoint to a custom endpoint group other than the default endpoint group, All BloxOne Endpoints (Default), complete the following:
- In the Cloud Services Portal, navigate to Endpoint Groups (Manage -> Endpoints -> Endpoint Groups).
- Create a new endpoint group where you will be installing BloxOne Endpoint by clicking Create on the Endpoint Groups page.
- On the Create Endpoints Group page, provide a name for your new endpoint group in the Endpoint Group Name field. Click Save & Close to save the newly created endpoint group name. Or you can complete the endpoint group configuration process prior to saving the page. For additional information on creating and configuring an endpoint group, see Creating BloxOne Endpoint Groups.
- Download the BloxOne Endpoint installer from Administration -> Downloads -> Endpoint. Save the downloaded file to the machine where you will be installing BloxOne Endpoint. For additional information on downloading BloxOne Endpoint, see Downloading BloxOne Endpoint.
- In the downloaded BloxOne Endpoint install folder, unzip the folder and click to open the endpoint_group.txt configuration file inside the unzipped folder. Once the configuration file is open, add the name of the BloxOne Group just created. Save and close the file.
- Click the BloxOne Endpoint installer, activetrustendpoint.endpoint setup installer, to install BloxOne Endpoint. Wait for the install process to complete prior to moving to the next step.
- In the Cloud Services Portal, navigate to Endpoint Groups (Manage -> Endpoints -> Endpoint Groups) and click Refresh to verify the installation of the new BloxOne Endpoint in the newly created, custom endpoint group. On the Endpoint Groups page, you will see the number of endpoints in the endpoint group updated to reflect that the endpoint was successfully added to the endpoint group.
The endpoint group to be added to the "endpoint group" configuration file must be added to the Cloud Services Portal prior to adding it to the configuration file. Otherwise, the newly installed BloxOne Endpoint will be added to the default endpoint group instead.
The BloxOne Endpoint Group added to the “endpoint group” configuration file must be the same name as the Endpoint Group just created. Otherwise, the endpoint group will be invalid, and the newly installed endpoint will default to the All BloxOne Endpoints (Default) endpoint group instead.
This page has no comments.