You can add custom lists, feeds and Threat Insight, and category filters to your policy rules. Depending on your business requirements, you can add as many feeds and Threat Insight, custom lists or category filters as you need and apply them to different security policies. Note that you must first define a custom list or a category filter before you can add it to the security policy. For information about how to create a custom list, see . For information about how to add category filters, see .
To add policy rules, apply actions, and set precedence, complete the following:
On the Policy Rules page of the Create New Security Policy wizard, define the Default Action for all the destinations that you have not included in the security policy, as follows:
- Allow: Grants traffic access to a domain or IP address that hits a particular feed or security policy.
- Default Redirect: Routes traffic to the default Infoblox page or a custom message that you have configured for the Redirect Page.
- Redirect: Routes traffic to a custom page or destination.
Click the Add Rule menu and choose one of the following policy types:
When you choose a policy type, the system adds it to the table. You can perform the following for each rule:
- Click Select List to view available rules for the respective policy type.
- Click the Action menu to set the action for each policy rule. For more information about what each action means, see About Rule Actions.
- Set the precedence order for a policy rule by clicking the up and down arrows at the end of each row to move the rule to its desired rank. The system applies policy rules based on the precedence order. Although you have the flexibility to set precedence for each rule, it is important that you understand the ramification of putting certain policy rules before others. For more information, see Security Policy Precedence.
- Choose a policy rule and click Remove to remove it from the list.
- Custom List: Choose this to add a custom list to the policy. When you click a custom list, you can view the Threat Level and Threat Confidence. When you are ready, click Select to add the custom list to the policy. Custom lists can be either allow lists or block lists, depending on the actions that you set upon them. For more information about custom lists, see Custom Lists.
- Feeds and Threat Insight: Choose this to add a feed or Threat Insight to the policy. When you click a feed or Threat Insight, you can view the Threat Level and Threat Confidence. When you are ready, click Select to add the feed or Threat Insight to the policy. For more information, see Viewing Active Threat Feeds and Threat Insight.
- Category Filter: Choose this to add a category filter to the policy. Choose a category filter and click Select to add the category filter to the policy. Category filters are content categorization rules that allow you to detect and filter internet content and traffic that you want to allow or block. For more information, see Configuring Category Filters.
- After you add policy rules, set actions, and precedence, you can proceed to add bypass codes.
- Click Next in the wizard to add bypass codes. For more information, see Adding Bypass Codes to a Security Policy.
For information about other tasks in creating a new security policy, see the following:
This page has no comments.