To deploy on-prem hosts using Hyper-V or KVM, complete the following:
Infoblox recommends that you use Docker version 17.09 or below (except for 17.05 and 17.06), or version 18.09 or above, to avoid an issue in which the Docker container might re-deploy continuously, resulting in multiple deployments of the on-prem host. In addition, Kubernetes is not supported.
- In the Cloud Services Portal, go to Administration -> Downloads.
- On the Downloads page, click Download Package for Docker, and then save the .tar.gz file on your system.
- Install Linux on the hypervisor such as Hyper-V or KVM. For information about the supported Linux VMs for Hyper-V, refer to this article.
For other installation information, refer to the respective documentation.
For minimum VM requirements, see Deployment Requirements for On-Prem Hosts.
- Set up the Docker environment on Linux. For information about how to install Docker, refer to the respective documentation for your system.
Download the Infoblox Docker image tar file, and then execute the following command at root:
You must have root privileges to execute Docker commands. Otherwise, you might encounter error messages while executing the commands.
# docker load -i <ActiveTrust_DFP_Docker_<VERSION>>.tar.gz
The system displays the download process. The following is a sample display: 7cbcbac42c44: Loading layer [====================================>] 5.05 MB/5.05 MB d6f064e063f6: Loading layer [====================================>] 2.218 MB/2.218 MB f77e7ee6f8c6: Loading layer [====================================>] 69.11 MB/69.11 MB fa005789404e: Loading layer [====================================>] 4.096 kB/4.096 kB 4024a9f13d19: Loading layer [====================================>] 12.05 MB/12.05 MB 70fdf570286f: Loading layer [====================================>] 4.608 kB/4.608 kB e8b22bfeae7a: Loading layer [====================================>] 4.608 kB/4.608 kB 6fabe6521295: Loading layer [====================================>] 4.608 kB/4.608 kB 5f70bf18a086: Loading layer [====================================>] 1.024 kB/1.024 kB Loaded image: infobloxcto/onprem.agent:x.x.xx
- Execute the following command to verify that the Infoblox Docker image has been downloaded properly:
# docker images REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
infobloxcto/onprem.agent 0.1.xx 68f5ed0a1645 20 hours ago 87.81 MB
On the docker system, execute the following command:
You must use “blox.noa” as the container name. Do not change this. You can capture the onprem.agent Version in the “Loaded image” field when you download the Infoblox Docker image. Note that only Docker image 3.1.11 or greater supports the join token option.
- You can verify that the Infoblox Docker container images are properly deployed on the system by using the following command:
# docker ps
- You have now successfully deployed the On-Prem Host. It might take a couple of minutes for the proxy and BloxOne Threat Defense Cloud to connect. Once connected, the proxy starts collecting information from your on-premises devices and transmits the data to BloxOne Threat Defense Cloud.
- To check the current status of the proxy, you can go to Manage -> On-Prem Hosts in the Cloud Services Portal. For more information about host status, see Managing On-Prem Hosts.
This page has no comments.