You can deploy an on-prem host directly on ESXi as an OVF Template.
Deploying OVA via VMware 6.5.0
To deploy OVA via VMware 6.5.0, complete the following:
- Log in to the Cloud Services Portal.
Go to Administration -> Downloads.
On the Downloads page, click Download Package for OVA in the On-Prem Hosts section.
Choose an applicable package from the drop-down menu. Note that if you are deploying the Data Connector on-prem host, choose the high-capacity 750 GB OVA package.
- Click Download Package for VM, and then save the package on your system.
- Connect to VMware vSphere Client 6.5.0.
- Select the OVA image downloaded from the Cloud Services Portal. Click Next.
- Verify the OVF Template Details. Click Next.
- Specify the Name and Location for the deployment image. Click Next.
- Select the Resource Pool. Click Next.
- Select the Storage where the virtual machine is stored. Click Next.
- Select the Disk Format. Click Next.
- Configure the Network Mapping. Click Next.
- Customize the image for this deployment in Properties. Click Next.
- Verify the configuration in the Ready to Complete screen. Check the Power on after deployment box to launch the virtual machine.
- Click Finish.
- To configure multiple network interfaces for your on-prem host, select the VM from Inventory (in power off state), and then right-click the VM and select Edit Settings. For information about configureing multiple interfaces for on-prem hosts, see Configuring Multiple Network Interfaces.
- In the Virtual Machine Properties screen, select the Hardware tab, and then click Add -> Add Hardware, as illustrated below:
- In the Add Hardware -> Device Type screen, select Ethernet Adapter, and then click Next, as illustrated below:
- In the Add Hardware -> Network Type screen, select the Adapter Type and Network Label, and then click Next, as illustrated below:
- The Ready to Complete screen appears and displays the summary of the settings. Click Finish.
- On the Hardware tab, the new network interface appears as New NIC (adding), as illustrated below. Click OK.
- Power on the VM.
- Note the IP address shown on the VM Console.
- Launch the bootstrap UI using the IP address shown in the console and with Login = admin and Password = the last 8 characters of the Product serial number.
- Specify the IP, Join Token, and other required configuration, and then click Apply, as shown below:
- The on-prem host is also visible on the Cloud Services Portal, as shown below:
You can perform the preceding steps directly on the virtual machine without connecting to the virtual machine with the VMware vSphere Client.
This page has no comments.